I was on my way home from work one day last week, and “Cover of the Rolling Stone” came on the radio. I hadn't heard that silly song in years - decades, maybe. “What a fun song,” I thought, singing along happily. I remembered the chorus but not the verses, so “We got all kinds of blue-eyed teenage groupies/who’ll do anything we say” came as kind of a rude shock.
I mean, what? You can’t even sing along with the radio without some predatory man being a predatory man. No wonder I’m like this. No wonder we’re all fucking like this.
But on one thing, Dr. Hook was right: people do like to see their pictures in print. I write and edit the medical school’s annual report, and we overdid the print order this year, so I made a list of all of the students who appear in the report and emailed them to see if they’d like a copy, and the response was quite enthusiastic. I’ll have that box of annual reports out of my hair in absolutely no time. I'll give them all five copies for their mothers.
No comments:
Post a Comment